K8 Applied Innovation, Inc
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines
Summary Description: Under general direction, plans and facilitates studio and field-based video production work, including the planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output and distribution of a wide range of products, and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works in collaboration with other clients and production staff to produce a variety of video products for broadcasting, compression output, webcasting, video streaming, and digital distribution; plans and directs assigned studio productions; oversees operation of small multi-camera studio and portable live studio setups; operates video switching, character generation and digital video effects equipment, edit controllers, cameras, hard disk video recorders, and audio mixers; sets up and adjusts studio lighting equipment including fixed and portable tungsten lights; adjusts audio equipment including assorted lavalier, cardiod and shotgun microphones; works with clients to prepare “B-roll” footage for inclusion in live productions; provides limited troubleshooting of video, audio and lighting equipment; performs routine equipment maintenance; researches trends and makes recommendations to department for software and equipment purchases
- In cooperation with other staff, coordinates pre-production and production planning activities; communicates technical information in non-technical terms; conducts field-based video production which involves interacting with clients and operating all portable video and audio equipment; transports and sets up lighting and audio equipment as required; provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, video transcoding, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using Final Cut Pro software; utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts; compresses video projects for output; captures recorded video using software and encode media as appropriate; makes video products available in a variety of formats including DVDs or streaming media files; publishes, organizes, and optimizes media on third party websites such as YouTube, Facebook Twitter, and other social media platforms; coordinates internal and external duplication services as required
Required Skills, Requirements, and Qualifications:
- Any combination of education and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described. A typical qualifying background would include a bachelor’s degree in telecommunication or video production
- Principles, methods, and theory of media communication; professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology; studio production with multi-camera shooting; cinematography; principles of analog and digital video capture; professional television production equipment operation including video cameras and recorders, audio recording equipment, file compression, video switching, character generation, graphics manipulation, lighting, and post-production equipment; advanced computer operations; intermediate level of standard software applications proficiency with an understanding of current video/photo formats, codecs, project based file management, and advanced Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite video editing software; proper handling and troubleshooting of broadcast quality video production and post-production equipment; safety practices related to video production.
- Operate and maintain a variety of digital video cameras and video editing equipment; operate computers and relevant systems and software; creatively plan and translate abstract concepts into effective visual form; work with other technical and non-technical staff to organize and implement videotaping of instructional or other educational related projects; work with clients and talent to be comfortable in front of the camera; advise clients and staff on effective media communication practices; adapt video products to fit needs of clients and target audience; explain various principles of video to clients; develop and optimize workflow techniques to manage complex video projects effectively and efficiently; troubleshoot video product complications; lift and move equipment; perform basic repairs on video/photo equipment; research solutions and make technical decisions; communicate effectively with individuals and groups; write and speak clearly, concisely and effectively; meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities; research and remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art video production technology.
- Progressively responsible experience in a professional video editing/producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production.